Sunday, July 20, 2008

pickaloo

I have a confession to make. I'm a Nintendo fan boy. I started with a NES back in the 80s and since then I've owned a SNES, a Gameboy, an N64, a Gamecube, a DS and I own a Wii. But only a few months ago I bought my first ever non-Nintendo console. I bought a PS3. And I love it. Blu-ray is great, having a wireless media server is a dream and lately my Wii has been collecting dust as I play Grand Theft Auto 4 every weekend. So it's fair to say that I'm a fan of the PS3. But then someone like pickaloo comes along and ruins everything. It seems as though the only reason pickaloo joined Metafilter was to optimise search engine results for the PS3. His spammy FPP was nothing more than a statement, really, that the PS3 exists. Pathetic! His three throwaway comments weren't any better either; indeed, they were all from the one thread! Observe the lameness...

"Taking 20 will cure aids!"
(from the I've got a gut feeling. . . this could work FPP)

"Ridiculous!"
(also from the I've got a gut feeling. . . this could work FPP)

"That's just idiotic!"
(also from the I've got a gut feeling. . . this could work FPP)

Maybe pickaloo had a gut feeling that he could get away with his SEO ways. The wrathful mathowie, however, showed him otherwise. And so pickaloo was forever banned, as is only proper. The only upside? Given that his comments were brief and all in the one thread, writing about his was quick and easy, leaving me more time to play Grand Theft Auto 4. Until next time! Or maybe I should play Mario Kart, just to spite him...

[Learn more about this spammer at the Deleted Thread Blog]

No comments: